Monday, February 3, 2014

Heart ornaments



I made a handful of Valentine ornaments that I'm putting on Etsy. I made the first four last week.They are hand-painted with acrylic paint, sanded to give a time-worn look, then protected with a light coat of satin polyurethane varnish. I especially love the ribbons, which are vintage seam-binding. I was delighted to find a lot of old seam binding at the Goodwill, unopened, in the original cellophane packaging.





The next three I made awhile ago. They are hand-painted with acrylic and protected with a satin polyurethane varnish. The ribbon is vintage rayon seam binding, soft and a little bit sheer, though the slight sheerness doesn't show in the pictures.



The red one is my favorite. I love folksy black ribbon with bright embroidery. I made several of this type that sold before I blogged them.


I will get these onto Etsy today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment