Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Illustration Friday: disguise

 "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." (Hebrews 13:2)



This little gardening angel has been sent on an undercover mission, but it looks like she still needs some training in the art of angelic disguise. (To see more of my gardening angels go to the June 2013 posts in the side bar of this blog.)

As I made this drawing yesterday, my four year old was disturbed. "Mama, " she said in her bossiest voice, "don't put that on your blog. It doesn't look girlish. You won't put it on your blog, will you?!" It disturbs me a little, too. I keep looking hard at the face, trying to see the real little girl behind the Groucho Marx glasses.

I do like the flowers. Any excuse to draw flowers.

4 comments:

  1. It perfectly fits the IF word. I think its very interesting. Very interesting what your daughter said about it also...this character could probably have a great lesson to teach...I could see a very engaging story book based on her. :). Very nice artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking about doing a story about these angel characters I've made. I actually have stories but I need to get them organized with illustrations.

      Thank you for looking and for your input!

      Delete