Friday, May 2, 2014

Illustration Friday: Vanity

Vanity means not only conceit and excessive interest in appearance, but also (and more basically) emptiness, meaninglessness and futility--as in "our efforts and hopes were in vain." I tried to express the opposite of this week's prompt.


This is an image that has been rattling around in my head for awhile. I did most of it late, late last night when I couldn't sleep. I want to try it again, make it bigger and more complex, make the waves more watery, put some fruit, flowers or more birds in the tree.

Update--

Well, I just tried to upload to Illustration Friday, but I'm too late. The new prompt is already up--"revenge." I might have to do another opposite!



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You should sell it to someone as a dinner plate. I like the idea of doing opposites. Maybe I'll do that sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy doing round designs maybe I should be a dinner plate designer!

    ReplyDelete