Sunday, November 9, 2014

A new-to-me illustrator, Julie Paschkis

I am in love. I am high on an illustrator I just discovered today. Her name is Julie Paschkis. She's been around awhile doing children's books and other work, but I've been too busy enjoying the various golden ages of illustration to notice. What other wonders have I been missing?








 
Here is a link to her blog and another to her website. I recommend that you click on that blog link for a delightful post about why she doesn't use the computer to modify her work. In case you don't take my excellent advice, I am going to copy a poem that she included in her post so you can read it here. I am high from the poem too.


Lastly, here is a link to a video interview. She talks about her process and shows lots of wonderful images. 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful feeling when we fall in love with an artist's work. I've seen some of these before, but not all of them. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I never saw them before. I so love the folk art style. I'm glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete